Jul 28, 2011

Ribbed Hat


Materials Used:
Red Heart Super Saver #4 worsted weight yarn in Windsor Blue
Red Heart Super Saver #4 yarn in Grey Heather
Hook size G (4.4mm)
Yarn needle

Pattern:
I used this video by Bethintx1:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Changes Made to Pattern:
I wasn't able to completely close the top, so I whipped up a little rosette and attached it over the hole.  I just chained a few stitches, slip stitched them together to form a circle, and put a few double crochets inside to close it up.  This is called crocheting in the round.  I also used two colors instead of just one, and I used a size G hook instead of the one used in the videos.  

Similar Pattern:

Notes:
I made my hat longer than the one in the video, but it turned out a little too long.  Be very careful when you are measuring your head (or someone else's) for the hat.  Also, don't judge the length too closely by the foundation chain because most people, especially beginners, have trouble with tight chains.  Be careful about tight stitches, too, because it will make it very difficult to thread the yarn through the top loops and gather the top of the hat.

Help:

No comments: