Nov 7, 2011

Finished Project: All Season Wristers



See Blog Post:
All Season Wristers

Yup, that's my baby sister modeling her finished wristers.  <3

Original Pattern:
All Season Wristers from LionBrand.com

Additional Notes:
I followed the instructions for the larger size for the wrist and actually used a larger hook (H) for the second wrister (just on the wrist portion) because the first one was too tight for my sister's wrist on her dominant had.  Once I got to the part in the pattern where you begin increasing, I switched back to the smaller hook (G) and finished off just as I did for the first one (I only increased up to the amount for the smaller size - 48 sts instead of 54).  I also used the smaller size when separating the finger and thumb holes.

I would recommend using a larger hook for the wrist portion of both, especially if you want to make them longer, like I did.  Make sure you make your foundation chain loose, too, because these babies run small.  For the finger opening part, I did the first row (the first row of purple in my project) in front loop only, and then did the rest of the opening in back loop only.  I did the whole thumb opening in front loop only.  You can play around with using front or back loop only throughout the project to get the look you want.

Do not feel as if you need to make all the changes I did.  Follow the pattern, but keep in mind the size relative to the person you are making them for.

No comments: